Starting or Stopping Water Service



How to Start your Water Service


The City of Georgetown provides water and sewer service for our residents. You will need the following available to start your service:


  • Download and complete a water application
  • Provide a copy of an ownership document (closing statement, deed, or tax bill) or a copy of lease agreement (for rental)
  • Photo identification
  • $150.00 deposit for rental (cash, check or money order)


Please bring the completed application and additional items with you to the Administration Office at City Hall, 208 S. Walnut St.



How to Stop your Water Service


If you move away from the service location, it is your responsibility to contact our office at 217-662-2525 to have your service terminated. Your account is not automatically terminated. If your service is turned off for non-payment or if you move away from the service location, a bill is still generated monthly, along with non-payment fees until you notify this office requesting water service termination and provide your forwarding address.