Georgetown IL


Latest News

For all Animal issues please call Vermilion County Animal Control at 217-431-2660

Starting or Stopping Water Service

  • Download and complete a water application
  • Provide a copy of an ownership document (closing statement, deed, or tax bill) or a copy of lease agreement (for rental)
  • Photo identification
  • $150.00 deposit for rental (cash, check or money order)

How to Stop your Water Service

If you move away from the service location, it is your responsibility to contact our office at 217-662-2525 to have your service terminated. Your account is not automatically terminated. If your service is turned off for non-payment or if you move away from the service location, a bill is still generated monthly, along with non-payment fees until you notify this office requesting water service termination and provide your forwarding address.  






Georgetown Dam

For: Yard Waste ONLY

The gates will be open on
Wednesdays 8:00am-2:00pm

and on the first and third weekends
of each month from

8:00am Friday - 8:00am Monday

Have any unwanted electronic items?

Click on the link below for details on recycling or donating.


Local Recycling Vendors



image of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)